Effective as of April 1st, 2016
Last updated: January 30th, 2018
Last updated: January 30th, 2018
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Information We Collect
1. Personal Information
We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Blackbell Offerings unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily or unless we gain access to it through Establishments, Vendors, and our promotional partners.
2. Geolocational Information
Certain features and functionalities of the Blackbell Offerings are based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities after you sign in to the Services, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your Device, your wireless carrier, and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Services are running on your Device.
3. Order Information
When you wish to process an order for products and/or services through the Blackbell Offerings (each, an “Order”), you must provide us with certain information about the transaction you are seeking to execute, such as your customer ID, the particular products and/or services being ordered, the time of a reservation or appointment, and/or the number of guests in a party. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
4. Billing Information
5. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information, the Geolocational Information, the Billing Information, and the Order Information, we may collect or gain access to additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as personal interests, age, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you directly.
b. From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Blackbell Offerings, including, without limitation:
• When you visit the Website, we may collect your IP address, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Website visited, etc.
• When you use the Services, we may collect the name of the Establishment in which you have authenticated and information regarding the offers from us, Establishments, Vendors, and our promotional partners.
• When you use the Blackbell Offerings, we may collect information regarding the total data transferred or consumed, time logged in, and similar information.
c. About Your Device. Information we may collect about your Device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), MAC address, operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G).
d. From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your Device’s hard drive so that your Device will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your Device until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Blackbell Offerings. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your Device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Blackbell Offerings may not function properly.
6. The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
7. Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
8. How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Geolocational Information, the Order Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve the Blackbell Offerings, process Orders, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of Establishments and Vendors, and administer our promotional programs. Also, we may use the Information as described below.
- In order to provide the Services and process Orders, we need to share your Information with the applicable Establishment and/or Vendor, which may use such information to inform you about other products and services that they offer. If you would like them to stop sending you such marketing communications, please let them know.
- In order to administer our rewards, contests, sweepstakes, competitions, and promotional programs, we may share your Personal Information, Geolocational Information, Order Information, and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- We may from time to time share your Information with Establishments, Vendors, our promotional partners, and other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information to, for example, enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Blackbell Offerings, we might analyze the Information and User Content in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Blackbell Offerings. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, Establishments, and Vendors. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Blackbell Offerings to current and prospective Establishments and Vendors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing network services, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our subsidiaries or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose your Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blackbell or others.
9. How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
10. California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Blackbell may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Corporation Service Company
251 Little Falls Drive
Wilmington, DE 19808, United States
In addition, Blackbell does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
12. External Websites
14. How to Contact Us
Copyright © 2016 Blackbell, Inc. All rights reserved.